Essential oils are a great way to help your dog stay healthy and happy, but you need to know how to use them safely. This course will teach you a safe, effective system that my students and I have used with tens of thousands of dogs in the last twenty years. You will learn the protocols and remedies I use with the dogs that live with me, plus how I control fleas, treat wounds, and keep my dogs bouncing with health from puppyhood to old age.
By the end of the course you will know:
- Why aromatics work,
- How to use them safely in the daily management of animals in your care,
- And when you should seek help from a professional.
Before the advance of pharmaceutical medicine, home remedies based on healing plants were the mainstay of veterinary medicine, and everyone had some knowledge of how to use herbs. This course revives the tradition of the natural home pharmacy, putting your dog’s healthcare back in your hands, teaching you how to use natural aromatic extracts for everyday animal care.
You should do this course IF:
- You live with a dog and you want him to live a long, healthy life
- You have heard that essential oils can be used with dogs and want to learn how from a qualified teacher
- You are concerned about using chemical treatments on a regular basis
- Your dog has recurring illnesses such as diarrhoea or fungal infections, is stressed out or hard to train
- You want to support your dog’s well-being and limit ill-health, using natural plant-based remedies
Lesson 1 – Getting Started with Aromatic Extracts
1-1 Essential oils, what they are, when to use them
1-2 Hydrosols, what they are, when to use them
1-3 Vegetable/herbal oils, what they are, when to use them
Lesson 2 – The Method
2-1 The basic system
2-2 Select essential oils, understand responses
Lesson 3 How To Use Aromatic Extracts
Lesson 4 – How To Make Aromatic Lotions